Points of Interest
Visit Phoenix has a comprehensive page for visitors. For some points of interest in Phoenix, visit the links below:
- Phoenix Art Museum - The Southwest’s premier destination for world-class visual arts. Popular international exhibitions are shown along side the Museum’s outstanding collection of more than 18,000 works of American, Asian, European, Latin American, Western American, modern and contemporary art, and fashion design. Visitors also enjoy PhxArtKids an interactive space for children, vibrant photography exhibitions through the Museum’s landmark partnership with the Center for Creative Photography, the lushly landscaped Sculpture Garden, dining at Arcadia Farms café at Phoenix Art Museum, and shopping at The Museum Store.
- Heard Museum - The internationally acclaimed Heard Museum is one of the best places to experience the myriad cultures and art of Native Americans of the Southwest. With a commanding presence on Central Avenue in downtown Phoenix, the museum hosts nearly 250,000 visitors a year. The museum's 10 spacious exhibit galleries and beautiful outdoor courtyards feature outstanding traditional and contemporary Native American art.
- Phoenix Zoo - More than 1,300 animals, exhibited throughout five unique trails. Visitors will enjoy daily up close animal encounters, keeper talks, bike and boat rentals and a variety of retail and food venues.
- Arizona Science Center - The Arizona Science Center offers hands-on, eye-opening fun with more than 300 interactive exhibits, a state-of-the-art planetarium, five-story giant-screen theater, live demonstrations, and traveling exhibitions.
- Outdoor Activities - The Phoenix area is not just surrounded by mountains and Sonoran Desert, but the desert lives within the city as well. Stunning sunsets, towering saguaro cactuses, spring wildflowers and mountains on every horizon are just a few of the natural aesthetics that make Phoenix one of the best cities to spend time outdoors.
- Phoenix Restaurants - The Greater Phoenix area is full of restaurants, cafés, bakeries and even coffee shops that the locals – and the national media – rave about. Our Southwestern and Mexican restaurants are supremely authentic, our chefs are known around the world, and the views from some of the tables in town are unparalleled.