Vendors with an interest in medical physics or related equipment, products, and services are invited to participate at the AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting Technical Exhibits.
The Technical Exhibit will be an integral part of the Spring Clinical Meeting program. Its purpose is to further the scientific, technical, and educational advancement of the theory and practice of medical physics and the related arts and sciences.
We hope you'll plan to join us!
New This Year!
- Included with the purchase of your table space, each exhibitor is given the opportunity to submit a PowerPoint slide for promoting your company!
- There will be a Best Poster competition! Posters will be displayed in the exhibit hall for attendees to view. A panel of judges will score poster displays according to criteria that includes clinical relevance, originality, and organization/presentation of the material.
- The Exhibit Hall will close each day at lunchtime to provide exhibitors and attendees the opportunity to network while eating lunch together outside in the West Courtyard.
|Exhibitor Registration||2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Exhibit Set Up||2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.|
|Exhibit Hours||12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
|9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
| NEW in 2013
Exhibit Hall closed 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Exhibit Hall will close each day at lunchtime to provide exhibitors and attendees the
opportunity to network while eating lunch together outside in the West Courtyard.
|Refreshment and Lunch Breaks||Break:
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
In Exhibit Hall
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
9:30 a.m. -10:00 a.m.
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
|Exhibit Dismantling||4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|January 7||Exhibit Contract and Sponsorship Application Due for First Round Assignments|
|January 16||Table Assignment Confirmation Letters and On-Line Buyers Guide Information Entry Opens|
|February 1||Last day to reserve Sponsorships items|
|February 14||Exhibitor Personnel Registration Available|
|February 15||Last date to receive a refund for Table Space cancellation (minus 10%)|
|February 18||Last day to make Hotel Reservations at the group rate.|
|February 25||Online Buyers Guide Information Entry closes|
The Spring Clinical Meeting is designed to help Medical Physicists integrate emerging technologies into the clinical environment, keep abreast of regulatory and accreditation related issues, and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas in support of practice quality improvement.
|2012 Spring Clinical Meeting Attendance|
|Daily Student Member||8|
|Speaker Daily Member||5|
|Speaker Daily Non-Member||5|
|Exhibitor Complimentary (1 per rented display table)||29|
|Exhibitor Additional Full Registration||11|
|Percentage of 2012 Attendees by Regions|
|Middle Atlantic States (NJ, NY, PA)||8.98%|
|West South Central (AR, LA, OK, TX)||30.58%|
|New England (CT, MA, NH, RI)||3.60%|
|East South Central (AL, KY, MS, TN)||4.68%|
|Mountain (AZ, CO, ID, MT, UT, WY)||5.40%|
|Pacific (CA, OR, WA)||6.83%|
|West North Central (IA, MN, MO, ND, SD)||11.51%|
|East North Central (IL, IN, MI, OH, WI)||10.43%|
|South Atlantic (FL, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV)||16.91%|
Vendors with an interest in medical physics or related equipment, products, and services are invited to participate at the inaugural AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting and Technical Exhibits. 2012 AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting Exhibitors
The AAPM 2013 Spring Clinical Meeting will be held at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort. Nestled among striking granite bluffs overlooking panoramic valley views. The Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort is only 25 minutes from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and the business center of Phoenix.
Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
11111 North 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020
AAPM will use Grande Ballrooms G, H, I, and J for the Exhibits.
- The group rate for AAPM will be $175++ per night.
- You must make your hotel reservation by February 18th to get the group rate.
- To reserve your hotel room go to:
- The Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort Hotel.
- On the first page, select your dates and click “Check Rates”
- On the “Edit Arrival/Departure” page on the right side under “Special Accounts and Rates” enter “APM” under group code. Verify your “Travel Dates” and click “Continue”
- On the “Available Rooms” page confirm that it is showing the AAPM rate of $175.00 and click “Select”
- Continue entering your personal information
- Call Hilton Reservations at 1.800.Hiltons (445.8667) and say you are with AAPM (or mention group code APM) to get the group rate.
If you are approached by any other companies regarding hotel rooms, please be aware they have no relationship with AAPM. You put yourself at financial risk if you provide them your credit card information. Please contact, Rachel Smiroldo with any questions.
Our Leverage to Negotiate Future Hotel Rates Depends on You
Help us maintain AAPM's excellent track record to avoid future attrition clauses in hotel contracts:
- Please do not "book outside the block." Make your reservations in the contracted meeting hotel, using the reservation link or phone number provided.
- Book your room reservation early and as accurately as possible. We recognize that unforeseen conditions may alter plans, but by communicating changes and cancellations early, you allow another participant to fill your vacant room.
- Tell us if you find a lower rate at the contracted meeting hotel over the same dates. AAPM negotiates for the lowest available rate; if you find a lower rate, this may constitute a breach of contract with the hotel.
The Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort Hotel is just a 20 minute drive from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Driving Directions from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport:
- Follow airport signs for 24th Street NORTH (but do not exit at 24th Street NORTH).
- Go to STATE ROUTE 51 NORTH; follow 51 NORTH to the NORTHERN AVE. EXIT.
- Exit NORTHERN AVE., turn left (WEST) onto NORTHERN AVE.
- Follow NORTHERN AVE. to 7th Street, turn Right (NORTH) onto 7th Street;
- Follow 7th STREET for approximately 3.5 miles, The Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort is on the right-hand side.
Ground Transportation from Dallas/Fort Worth Airport:
Taxi and Limousine Service: Cab fare is approximately $40 to the hotel.
Apply early for your Visa!
Visa applicants are advised to apply as soon as they decide to travel to the United States, and at least three to four months in advance of their travel date. The following sites have additional information on applying for a visa:
Need a Visa letter inviting you to the Spring Clinical Meeting? Generate one below.
Visa Letter of Invitation
On behalf of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine, I am pleased to invite you to attend the 2013 AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting to be held at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Resort, Phoenix, Arizona,March 16-19, 2013.
|AAPM Member Discount EARLY (PRIOR TO 11:59pm on FEB. 8)||$600||AAPM Member AFTER FEB. 8||$800|
|AAPM Non-member Discount EARLY (PRIOR TO 11:59pm on FEB. 8)||$1200||AAPM Non-member AFTER FEB. 8||$1865|
The housing information pertaining to the 2013 Spring Clinical Meeting will be available on our website at http://www.aapm.org/meetings/2013SCM in early December 2012.
Angela R. Keyser
AAPM Executive Director
Visit Phoenix has a comprehensive page for visitors. For some points of interest in Phoenix, visit some of the links below:
- Phoenix Art Museum - The Southwest's premier destination for world-class visual arts. Popular international exhibitions are shown along side the Museum's outstanding collection of more than 18,000 works of American, Asian, European, Latin American, Western American, modern and contemporary art, and fashion design. Visitors also enjoy PhxArtKids an interactive space for children, vibrant photography exhibitions through the Museum's landmark partnership with the Center for Creative Photography, the lushly landscaped Sculpture Garden, dinning at Arcadia Farms cafe at Phoenix Art Museum, and shopping at The Museum Store.
- Heard Museum - The internationally acclaimed Heard Museum is one of the best places to experience the myriad cultures and art of Native Americans of the Southwest. With a commanding presence on Central Avenue in downtown Phoenix, the museum hosts nearly 250,000 visitors a year. The museum's 10 exhibit galleries and beautiful outdoor courtyards feature outstanding traditional and contemporary Native American Art.
- Phoenix Zoo - More than 1,300 animals, exhibited throughout five unique trails. Visitors will enjoy daily up close animal encounters, keeper talks, bike and boat rentals and a variety of retail and food venues.
- Arizona Science Center - The Arizona Science Center offers hands-on, eye opening fun with more than 300 interactive exhibits, a state-of-the-art planetarium, five-story giant-screen theater, live demonstrations, and traveling exhibitions.
- Outdoor Activities - The Phoenix area is not just surrounded by mountains and Sonoran Desert, but the desert lives within the city as well. Stunning sunsets, towering saguaro cactuses, spring wildflowers and mountains on every horizon are just a few of the natural aesthetics that make phoenix one of the best cities to spend time outdoors.
- Phoenix Restaurants - The Greater Phoenix area is full of restaurants, cafes, bakeries, and even more coffee shops that the locals - and the national media - rave about. Our Southwestern and Mexican restaurants are supremely authentic, our chefs are known around the world, and the views from some of the tables in town are unparalleled.
The meeting attire is business casual for the AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting.
AAPM wishes to take any steps required to ensure that no individual with a disability is excluded, denied services, segregated or otherwise treated differently due to the absence of auxiliary aids and services identified in the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any such services are necessary in order for you to participate in the AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting, please communicate your needs well in advance by marking the "special needs" box when pre-registering.
There will not be a Companions' Welcome Lounge at this year's meeting. The Companion's registration includes all breaks and lunches. Tickets to the Welcome Reception can be purchased separately.
The AAPM will not be sponsoring child care during this meeting. Visit Phoenix provides this list, Childcare of childcare/babysitting services in the area. Parents will be responsible for making their own childcare arrangements. Neither AAPM or Visit Phoenix endorses any of the listed services.