Continuing Education Credit
The AAPM Summer School has been approved by The Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc. (CAMPEP) for 33.50 MPCEC continuing education credit hours.
- To obtain MPCEC or SAMs credit, attendees must complete the online evaluation survey.
- The survey will be available online Sunday, June 16, 2013 through Tuesday, July 16, 2013.
- Attendees must complete the survey by July 16 in order to receive MPCEC credit.
- After the meeting:
- Medical Physicist registrants will be contacted with instructions for viewing the meeting transcript via the CAMPEP website. The transcript will list a description of the sessions and the number of continuing education credits obtained.
- Please note your badge I.D. will be required in order to complete the CEC evaluation survey.
- MPCEC and SAMs credits will be released on July 26, 2013
MOC/SAMs (SELF ASSESSMENT MODULES)
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION (MOC) as defined by the ABR:
Many AAPM members now require Maintenance of Certification (MOC) as defined by the American Board of Radiology. One component of MOC is the completion of Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs). The AAPM is offering Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) which allow for interactive learning and self-assessment of knowledge gained during designated sessions. 8 SAMs credits will be submitted for ABR approval.
. Audience response technology is included in your registration fee.
- Questions will be asked during the SAMs sessions and participants must answer electronically. There is no pass/fail. The idea is to assess knowledge gained during the session.
- The audience response unit will be available onsite.
- At the end of the meeting, please return your audience response unit.
- To confirm attendance, attendees must complete the online survey for the SAMs session. Please note your badge I.D. is required in order to complete the online survey
NEW ...The AAPM Transfers SAMs Credits to the ABR via the CME Gateway.
Update your CME Gateway account:
- Sign onto the CME Gateway.
- Click on the Organizations Tab.
- Select The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (SAMs Only)
- Enter your AAPM user ID and password and click register.
- Click on the Reports Tab to view the SAMs credit that will transfer to the ABR.
Don't require Maintenance of Certification, but still want to sit in on a SAMs session?
No problem. The sessions are open to everyone. An audience response unit is not required to attend.