Adopted by the AAPM Board of Directors - November 28, 2009
The American Association of Physicists in Medicine is the premier organization in medical physics, a broadly-based scientific and professional discipline encompassing physics principles and applications in biology and medicine.
The mission of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine is to advance the science, education and professional practice of medical physics.
The goals of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine are to:
- Promote the highest quality medical physics services for patients.
- Encourage research and development to advance the discipline.
- Disseminate scientific and technical information in the discipline.
- Foster the education and professional development of medical physicists.
- Support the medical physics education of physicians and other medical professionals.
- Promote standards for the practice of medical physics.
- Govern and manage the Association in an effective, efficient, and fiscally responsible manner.