The AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting, to be held at The Grand America Hotel, will include practical information designed to help medical physicists integrate emerging technologies into the clinical environment. A program has been developed to address regulatory and accreditation related issues, and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas in support of practice quality improvement.
Items of Interest
- There will be a Best Poster competition! A panel of judges will score poster displays according to criteria that includes clinical relevance, originality, and organization/presentation of the material. All abstracts submitted for posters must have a clinical focus.
- The Young Investigator Award presentation will take place on Saturday during the Welcome Reception.
- The Therapy Track continues the same well-received themes as last year: Fundamental Saturday, Safety Sunday, TG/Horizon Monday/Tuesday.
The Spring Clinical Meeting focuses on clinical topics of current interest and offers additional opportunities to meet continuing education requirements. This Meeting is designed to provide easy access for clinical physicists in a compact format for up-to-date clinical education.
Salt Lake City, Utah has been selected as the location and provides participants with flexible travel schedules from locations throughout the US. The program permits participants to meet continuing educational requirements for their clinical specialties, including SAMS on a wide variety of topics, and accommodates attendees who may be limited to participating only on the weekend, or only during weekdays. The full meeting program runs from Saturday March 5 through Tuesday March 8 and encompasses a series of topics of current clinical interest.
Discover Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake is an ideal location, combining the amenities of a major metropolitan area with the friendliness of a quaint, mountain town. A beautiful, safe, and vibrant destination, Salt Lake combines unparalleled access to natural recreation, a bustling economy, dynamic nightlife, remarkable history, warm hospitality, and Utah's Greatest Snow on Earth
- Salt Lake hosts a flourishing nightlife, a vibrant artistic and cultural scene, numerous museums, and sidewalks safe enough to stroll along after dark. The Grand America Hotel is located in downtown Salt Lake City, the heart of Utah’s business and culture. Here you'll find the Utah Jazz, the Utah Symphony and Opera, Ballet West, two nationally acclaimed modern dance companies, and the city's numerous restaurants, bars, nightclubs, art galleries, boutique shops, and coffee bars, plus, shopping at The Gateway and the new City Creek Center.
- Think There's Nothing To Do in Salt Lake City?
- The "Bring a Friend" discount - Invite a New Attendee to register for the Spring Clinical Meeting and you both get a $50 discount on your registration. This is only available to AAPM member full registrants and you must enter the name and email address of your friend when you register. The Friend will receive information regarding how to register.
- The Session times each day have improved from previous years, starting at 8:00am and ending at 5:30pm!
- This year the Saturday evening Welcome Reception will take place in the Oak Room, a former upscale club in the Grand America Hotel. Enjoy the atmosphere and mingle with other attendees and vendors in a more relaxed environment outside of the Exhibit Hall.
The program is in the beginning stages of development and we believe that this is a great opportunity to get updates, and share and compare ideas with colleagues. We hope that you will be able to attend and contribute to the success of the Spring Clinical Meeting and help to make this a continuing opportunity for the medical physics community’s education.
Dates to Remember
|October 15||Web site activated to receive abstract submission for:
|november 23||Deadline for receipt of YIS and Poster abstract submissions|
|december 3||Meeting Registration available online. (Hotel group rate available at Grand America Hotel)|
|December 9||Meeting Program Available|
|December 9||Authors of YIS and Poster abstract submissions notified of presentation disposition.|
|January 27||Meeting Registration Deadline to receive Discounted Registration Fees.|
|February 12||Last day to make Hotel Reservations at the group rate.|
|March 5 - 8||Spring Clinical Meeting
|March 5||Online evaluation system opens.|
|April 5||Online evaluation system closes.|
|April 12||CE Credits posted|