The AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting, to be held at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch, will include practical information designed to help medical physicists integrate emerging technologies into the clinical environment. A program has been developed to address regulatory and accreditation related issues, and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas in support of practice quality improvement.
Tour added on Sunday evening
The Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine along with MEVION and ViewRay is inviting you on a tour Sunday evening, March 8, 2015.
Cancer Center Evening Tours: See the Next Generation in Radiation Therapy Technology!
Join your fellow AAPM members and others for a tour of ViewRay’s MRI-Guided Radiation Therapy System and the MEVION S250Proton Therapy System at the Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine. A small cocktail reception will be hosted in the lobby of the cancer center.
Space is limited!
Click here to sign up for a tour time. Buses will depart from the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch, 4th street entrance, near the elevators.
Items of Interest
- There will be a Best Poster competition! A panel of judges will score poster displays according to criteria that includes clinical relevance, originality, and organization/presentation of the material. All abstracts submitted for posters must have a clinical focus.
- The Young Investigator Award presentation will take place on Monday in the Exhibit area during the afternoon break, 3:30-4:00pm.
- The Therapy Track continues the same well-received themes as last year: Fundamental Saturday, Safety Sunday, TG/Horizon Monday/Tuesday.
The Spring Clinical Meeting focuses on clinical topics of current interest and offers additional opportunities to meet continuing education requirements. This Meeting is designed to provide easy access for clinical physicists in a compact format for up-to-date clinical education.
St. Louis, Missouri has been selected as the location and provides participants with flexible travel schedules from locations throughout the US. The program permits participants to meet continuing educational requirements for their clinical specialties, including SAMS on a wide variety of topics, and accommodates attendees who may be limited to participating only on the weekend, or only during weekdays. The full meeting program runs from Saturday March 7 through Tuesday March 10 and encompasses a series of topics of current clinical interest.
Discover the New St. Louis
- Discover St. Louis. Praised for its cultural attractions, lodging, food and fair prices, St. Louis was named one of 2009’s “Most Underrated Destinations of the World” by the Los Angeles Times.
- Points of Interest. St. Louis offers so many unique attractions, historic sites, charming neighborhoods and entertainment options, that no matter what you are interested in, you can definitely find it here. From museums that celebrate art and culture to those that concentrate on the unusual, St. Louis moves to the beat of many different drummers.
- Meet St. Louis again!
New this year!
- Most of the Radiation Therapy track program will include three presentations in a two-hour session and the audience can learn as much as possible to implement into their own clinical practice.
- This year the Saturday evening Welcome Reception will take place on the Eighteenth floor of the Hyatt Regency in the Gateway East Ballroom and Terrace. Enjoy the view of the Arch and mingle with other attendees and vendors in a more relaxed environment.
The program is in the beginning stages of development and we believe that this is a great opportunity to get updates, and share and compare ideas with colleagues. We hope that you will be able to attend and contribute to the success of the Spring Clinical Meeting and help to make this a continuing opportunity for the medical physics community’s education.
Dates to Remember
|October 30||Web site activated to receive abstract submission for:
|DECEMBER 4||Meeting Registration available online. (Hotel group rate available at The Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch)|
|December 8||Deadline for receipt of YIS and Poster abstract submissions|
|Authors of YIS and Poster abstract submissions notified of presentation disposition.|
|Meeting Program Available|
|Meeting Registration Deadline to receive Discounted Registration Fees.|
|February 13||Last day to make Hotel Reservations at the group rate.|
|March 7 - 10||Spring Clinical Meeting
|March 7||Online evaluation system opens.|
|April 7||Online evaluation system closes.|
|April 14||CE Credits posted|