History and Heritage
AAPM Distinguished Member Biography
The Distinguished Members, as designated by the Honors and Awards Committee and listed below, are invited to submit their biographies to be included in the AAPM archives and published in the History and Heritage section of the web site.
Distinguished Members are the:
William D. Coolidge Award Recipients
Achievement Award Recipients
Follow the links to view the current list of members in each category.
To Submit a Biography:
- Download the template from here.
- Fill in the information as a WORD document.
- Send the completed biography along with a photo (.jpg preferred, but not necessary) as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com
Suggestions for Producing an Effective Biography:
- Do not write in the first person (i.e., I worked at ...). When necessary, it is best to use terms like, he (or she), or Dr. Smith, was on the staff...
- Do not make references to the present time (i.e. Dr. Smith is currently a professor at.....) Although the biography can be updated later, it should be written so that it does not appear to be dated (or outdated) when it is read in the future.
Some Examples of Well Written Biographies:
For additional information or assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org