2016 CAMPEP Web Redesign Meeting
1631 Prince Street,
July 7, 2016
Housing arrangements will be made by Corbi
The Hilton Garden Inn Alexandria Old Town
1620 Prince Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Wednesday, July 6
Thursday, July 7
|7:30 AM - 8:00 AM||Full Breakfast||AAPM Commons|
|8:00 AM - 5:30 PM||Meeting||Large Conference Room|
|12:00-1:00||Lunch||AAPM HQ Cafe|
|5:30 PM||Meeting adjourns|
|6:00 PM||Walk to dinner at Theismann's Restaurant, 1800A Diagonal Road|
Friday, July 8
Travel by Metro
The closest metro station to the hotel is King Street (yellow or blue line) which is 2 stops from Reagan National (DCA). The fare is approx. $2.00 one-way, depending time of day, transit time is approximately 10 minutes. The hotel is 2 blocks from the King Street station [map].
We strongly advise you to take a cab instead of Metro at this time due to the line shutdowns [image].
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION REGARDING METRO TRAVEL:
LINE SEGMENT SHUTDOWN BETWEEN NATIONAL AIRPORT AND BRADDOCK RD. FROM JULY 5 THROUGH JULY 11, 2016
- Blue Line trains will run every 12 minutes
- Yellow Line trains will run every 12 minutes
- Blue/Yellow customers are encouraged to consider alternate travel options and avoid traveling during rush hour if possible; expect significant crowding on Blue & Yellow line trains
- Free shuttle buses will operate via Metroway between Braddock Road, Crystal City and Pentagon City
- Service between DC and Reagan National Airport available via train
Travel by Air
Most convenient airports are:
- Reagan National (DCA) - about 4 miles away by cab; or take metro.
- Washington Dulles International (IAD) - about 32 miles away by cab; potentially brutal traffic.
- Baltimore Washington International (BWI) - about 60 miles away by cab; potentially brutal traffic.
Travel by Train
If you are traveling by train, the closest stop is the Alexandria station on Amtrak. The station is a six minute walk (.3 mile) to 1631 Prince Street.