Continuing Education Credit
The AAPM Summer School has been approved by The Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc. (CAMPEP) for 24 MPCEC continuing education credit hours.
- To obtain MPCEC, SAMs and/or MDCB credit, attendees must complete the online evaluation survey.
- The survey will be available online Sunday, June 22, 2014 through Friday, July 25, 2014.
- Attendees must complete the survey by July 25 in order to receive MPCEC credit.
- After the meeting:
- Medical Physicist registrants will be contacted with instructions for viewing the meeting transcript via the CAMPEP website. The transcript will list a description of the sessions and the number of continuing education credits obtained.
- Please note your badge I.D. will be required in order to complete the CEC evaluation survey.
- MPCEC and SAMs credits will be released on July 31, 2014
- The AAPM Summer School program has been approved by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board for 22.50 (MDCB) credits. Medical Dosimetrists who attend the meeting will also be required to complete the online evaluation survey. The AAPM will report MDCB credits directly to the MDCB after July 31, 2014.
- Please note your Badge ID and CMD number will be required in order to access the online evaluation survey.
MOC/SAMs (SELF ASSESSMENT MODULES)
Many AAPM members now require Maintenance of Certification (MOC) as defined by the American Board of Radiology (ABR). At least 75 continuing education (CE) credits are required every 3 years. CE credits may be met by a combination of Category 1 credits (CAMPEP or ACCME) and self-directed educational projects (SDEPs). At least 25 of the 75 CE credits must be self-assessment CE (SA-CE). Other than ABR prequalified SAMs and SDEPs, the ABR will count all AMA Category 1 CME activities in “enduring materials” (including webbased and print) and “journal-based CME” formats toward the MOC self-assessment requirement. SAMS are not required, but can be used to meet the (SA-CE) requirements. Information regarding the MOC requirments can be found at What is MOC. Audience response technology is included in your registration fee.
- Questions will be asked during the SAMs sessions and participants must answer electronically. There is no pass/fail. The idea is to assess knowledge gained during the session.
- The audience response unit will be available onsite.
- At the end of the meeting, please return your audience response unit.
- To confirm attendance, attendees must complete the online survey for the SAMs session. Please note your badge I.D. is required in order to complete the online survey
The AAPM Transfers SAMs Credits to the ABR via the CME Gateway.
Update your CME Gateway account:
- Sign onto the CME Gateway.
- Click on the Organizations Tab.
- Select The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (SAMs Only)
- Enter your AAPM user ID and password and click register.
- Click on the Reports Tab to view the SAMs credit that will transfer to the ABR.
- SAMs Credits will transfer to the ABR website daily.
Don't require Maintenance of Certification, but still want to sit in on a SAMs session?
No problem. The sessions are open to everyone. An audience response unit is not required to attend.