AAPM Files Comments on...
AAPM comments to FDA on Therapeutic Device Improvements
AAPM filed comments in response to FDA's request for comments related to device improvements to reduce the number of under- doses, over-doses and misaligned exposures from therapeutic radiation.
NRC CONSIDERING REVISING RADIATION PROTECTION REGULATIONS
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is seeking public comment on potential changes to the NRC’s current radiation protection regulations to achieve greater alignment between the regulations and the 2007 recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) contained in ICRP Publication 103. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is looking at implementing ICRP Report 103, which includes a reduction in the annual personnel exposure limit from 50 Sv to 20 Sv. These limits would apply beyond Nuclear Medicine departments and include Cardiology and Interventional Radiology workers. AAPM is responding to NRC on this issue, but individual comments are welcome. Please see http://www.nrc.gov/about-nrc/regulatory/rulemaking/opt-revise.html for more information. The Federal Register notice can be found at: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/pdf/E9-15950.pdf. If you have input that AAPM should consider in drafting its response, please send your comments to Lynne Fairobent, Manager of Legislative and Regulatory Affairs at email@example.com by February 1, 2010.
AAPM Recent Comments to Federal Agencies
- AAPM Proivides comments to the NRC on CsCl Sources 10-15-08
- AAPM Submits Nominations for the NRC's Advisory Committee on Medical uses of Isotopes
- AAPM Sends Letter to NRC chairman Klein re: Petition Determination on 10 CFR Part 35 T&E 9-22-08
- AAPM Submits Comments on NRDC Petition re: HEU
- NRC Petition for Rulemaking re: I-131 patient release (PRM-35-18)
- AAPM JCAHO Sentinel Event Comments Final
- AAPM Letter to Diaz Energy Policy Act 1/10/06
- AHRQ Final Comments 2/16/06