IMPORTANT NEWS: MedPhys Match for 2015 Residency Matching!
August 7, 2014: AAPM and SDAMPP announce the creation of
MedPhys Match, a medical physics residency-matching program for graduate
students and postgraduate trainees. MedPhys Match will be conducted beginning this
Fall, 2014, for the residency year beginning July 1, 2015.
SDAMPP endorsed the creation of
MedPhys Match at its July 21, 2014 Board of Directors meeting, including financial support.
AAPM endorsed the creation of MedPhys
Match at its July 24, 2014, Board of Directors meeting, including substantial financial
support. The MedPhys Match
will be administered by National Matching Services, Inc.
(NMS), on behalf of AAPM and SDAMPP.
Programs that are registered with NMS will obtain an NMS ID for each position or track
(e.g., different start date, or length of program) that can be entered into CAP. For
the time being, adding MedPhys Match positions can be done free of charge within CAP.
Programs should be receiving registration information from NMS before the end of
September, and applicants will be able to register with NMS starting in October.
The CAP (Common Application Program, or Common Application Process) is a program
started by the Workgroup for Coordination of Medical Physics Residency Programs (WGCMPR)
to do three things.
- Make it easier for applicants to apply for residency programs.
- Reduce administrative burden for residency programs that have to process these applications.
- Provide a mechanism that will allow programs to work towards a match system, putting applicants in their preferred programs, and getting preferred applicants into participating programs. The match system is currently used by medical residents, but is not currently in place for physics residents.
You must register and pay the fee ($200 as of Sept 2012) for your program to be
listed in the CAP. This gets you one credit for a single opening (recruitment).
Each time you recruit, you will need to pay the same fee again, but you do not
need to register again. The fee is the same if you are recruiting for one
position or multiple positions, as long as you are recruiting those positions
from the same applicant pool.
If you are already registered in the CAP, please click here to go to your openings (or click Login in the left side menu). If not, click here to register.
- Recommended Browsers include:
- Internet Explorer 8 (or above)
- Firefox 6 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Chrome 11 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Opera 10 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Safari 5 (or above, for Mac and Windows)
- Recommended minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Other recommended settings:
- Allow Pop-up Windows from AAPM.ORG
- Browser plugin to display PDF
- Accept/allow Browser cookies from AAPM.ORG